Integrated Village Development Programme
- Conceived by Brig Sudhir Sawant M.L.C., Maharashtra.
- India is developing country having 70 per cent of its population living in villages. A large section of the population is still living below poverty line. Several governmental programmes are bring implemented by various departments and agencies of state as well as central government for upliftment of rural poor. However, the expected rate of India’s social upliftment is not satisfactory.
- One of the most important reason is lack of proper delivery system upto grassroot level. The developmental department put a lot of efforts individually for the purpose but the joint efforts of all developmental agencies and non government organization (NGO) working in particular region is lacking. To over come this problem in Sindhudurg district the following model will help.
- Name of Organization
- Sindhudurg Zillha Krishi Pratishthan,Kirlos Konkan Gram Vikas Mahamandal
- Members of Organizations
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra,Sindhudurg Shree Chatrapati Shivaji Agriculture College Shree Bhaisaheb Sawant Ayurvedic College Tourism Co-operative, Mumbai. Gurukul Paryatan Sanstha, Vengurla. Sainik Patsanstha, Sawantwadi. Catholic Patsanstha, Sawantwadi. Ex – Servicemen Association, Sindhudurg. Br. Nath Pai Educational Trust & Other Register NGO’s working in the field of Agriculture, Social, Educational, Health, etc.
- Supporting Organizations
- State Department of Agriculture Zillha Parishad Z. P. Agril. Department Agriculture University (Dr. B.S.K.K.V.) MTDC, District Industrial Centre, Nehru Yuva Kendra, DRDA, NABARD, SBI, Bank of India, APEDA, MAIDC, Rural Water Supply Dept., Forest Dept, Minor Irrigation Dept.,Social Forestry Dept. etc.
- Model of Functioning
- Self Help Groups (APL & BPL) will be basic model for implementation of all schemes
- Organizations Structure
- SHGs will be organized for each activity by the Nehru Yuva Club (Mandal). Nehru Yuva Kisan Clubs will be formed in every village.
Self Help Group will formed in district
a) Till 31st March 2005 – 100
b) Till 31st March 2006 – 300
The Kisan clubs will work under the Taluka Committee. One or more NGOs will be earmarked as Modal NGOs for implementation of program for each ZP constituency.
The overall co-ordination will be done by Konkan Gram Vikas Mahamandal, which will act as federation of NGOs.
- To provide 100 per cent rural employment under “Mission Shivaji” and over all development of Village.