1.What is the frequency to test soil samples?
Ans: Generally soil testing should be done once in three to four years , if two to three crops taken then soil testing should be done once in year
2. What prequation is taken while collecting soil samples for Micro-Nutrient analysis?
Ans: While taking a soil sample for Micro-Nutrient analysis , avoid use of metal material.
3. In what depth soil sample is collected for cereals & fruit crop?
Ans : For cereals 20 to 25 cm depth sample should be collected and for fruit crop 60 to 90 cm depth sample should be collected.
4. Which site should be avoided while collecting soil sample?
Ans: Following site should be avoided while collecting soil sample for testing, soil near well , near water canal, bunds.
5. Which information should be provided along with soil sample ?
Ans : Following information should be provided with soil sample
ii)Date of sampling
iii) Farmers Name along with address
v)Nearest season crop
6. Which are forest trees used for green manuring?
Ans : In Konkan region Glyricidia, Sybabul,Calotropics plant leaf are used as green manure.